The Short Courses Division was established in January 2007 with the aim of coordinating and standardising the Stellenbosch University short courses. It is a teaching division which complies with the quality assurance requirements as well as government and regulatory institutions.
Supervisors and managers will find these courses helpful due to the simplicity and tailored nature of the courses.
The Short Courses Division is ideal for those who want to meet market demands and improve their skills. They can be taken by individuals or organisations who want to meet market demands. These courses are geared towards continual professional development but unfortunately cannot be used to accumulate credits for a qualification.
Short Courses Division Faculties and Schools
- Arts, Cultural and Social Sciences
- Business Economics and Management
- Community Development and Engagement
- Education and Professional Development
- Environmental, Agri and Natural Sciences
- Executive Development
- HR and Industrial Relations
- Health Sciences
- Language and Communication skills
- Leadership Development
- Mathematical Science and Physics
- Military Sciences
- Public Administration and Leadership
- Renewable and Sustainable Development
- Research Methodology and Development
- Sport Sciences
The functions of this institution focus on developing policies and procedures for short courses quality assurance, as well as the providing of support and advice for course development.