- From passion to parenting: UCT EMBA graduate’s mindful pursuit of purpose and impacton 7th Dec 2023 at 10:26 am
Manisha Govender will graduate with her EMBA from the UCT GSB on Friday, 15 December.
- Empowering generations: How a mother’s support inspired a daughter’s successon 6th Dec 2023 at 12:00 pm
CMD’s head of branding and campaigns, Aniqah Deers, will graduate from UCT on 15 December with an EMBA that’s been on the cards for 13 years.
- Distinguished teacher cultivates hope in a hopeless worldon 6th Dec 2023 at 11:00 am
Assoc Prof Tasleem Ras is one of three recipients of UCT’s 2022 Distinguished Teacher Award.
- Coming soon: Summer School, rooted in 100 years of lifelong learningon 6th Dec 2023 at 8:50 am
In January, Summer School will celebrate its 74th ‘edition’, continuing UCT’s century-long tradition of continuous lifelong learning.
- UCT coordinates the Soapbox Science event for the second timeon 6th Dec 2023 at 7:25 am
The Soapbox Science project is back for the second time with fantastic science brought to the public by female scientists from universities in the country.
- ‘The DTA is the only UCT award I have ever coveted’on 4th Dec 2023 at 11:37 am
- SA universities are consolidating planning towards integrating African Languages in their core functions and in administrationby USAf on 1st Dec 2023 at 1:53 pm
The 3rd Vice-Chancellors’ Language Policy Colloquium that takes place from 5-6 December 2023 will sharply focus on implementation practices, monitoring and evaluation of the Language Policy Framework for Public Higher
- Inaugural SASS programme is an overwhelming success, with applications set to open during December for 2024by USAf on 1st Dec 2023 at 1:00 pm
When Professor Sibusiso Chalufu (right) first heard about the launch, this year, of the inaugural HELM (Higher Education and Leadership Management) SASS (Student Affairs and Student Success) programme– he said
- Career advancement for SASS participantsby USAf on 1st Dec 2023 at 12:00 pm
They are the graduating class of 2023 – the 51 participants in the inaugural SASS (Student Affairs Student Success) programme which was conceptualised by a consortium of higher education and
- ‘The spirits are rejoicing. They are home again’on 1st Dec 2023 at 11:28 am
The Sutherland Nine are finally laid to rest in the land of their ancestors, capping a repatriation process that is an exemplary case study.
- A SASS peer learning group examines the effect of NSFAS funding on student experience of higher education by USAf on 1st Dec 2023 at 11:00 am
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) has been in the headlines recently with its former CEO fired over “breach of trust”, on-going reports of students battling to get their
- Include people living with intellectual disabilities in SA’s policy developmenton 1st Dec 2023 at 10:16 am
People living with intellectual disabilities must be included in policy development and implementation processes that directly affect their lives.
- UCT’s Open Textbook awardee had students at heart when devising bookon 30th Nov 2023 at 2:24 pm
Nomusa Ntinga’s physiotherapy terminology e-book is the winner of UCT’s 2023 Open Textbook Award.
- A new era of urban climate health resilience in Africaon 30th Nov 2023 at 10:00 am
CASCADE was launched with a focused mission: to advance the understanding of critical urban health challenges faced by African cities and point towards practical and effective interventions.
- Bright lights, stellar service: UCT celebrates its longest serving employeeson 30th Nov 2023 at 9:20 am
UCT honoured and celebrated exceptional individuals at the 2023 Staff Annual Awards on Thursday, 23 November.
- Study reaffirms importance of developing nationwide pollen-monitoring systemon 30th Nov 2023 at 7:00 am
The nationwide pollen-monitoring study is the country’s first-ever aerospora monitoring system.
- Exploring the nexus of obstetric violence and mental ill-healthon 29th Nov 2023 at 10:08 am
To address the critical issues surrounding maternal health and mental well-being, the Perinatal Mental Health Project organised an event on 23 November.
- NAPP honours successful participants of 2023on 29th Nov 2023 at 9:33 am
A cocktail event was held on 20 November to honour the 2023 cohort of the New Academic Practitioners’ Programme.
- ‘Huiswaarts’: Sutherland Nine laid to rest in the ground of their ancestorson 28th Nov 2023 at 2:56 pm
The three-day programme to restore the sacred remains of the Sutherland Nine to their ancestral home culminated in their burial in the town’s historic Anglo–Boer cemetery.
- Honorary doctorate for Kelly Chibale in Switzerlandon 28th Nov 2023 at 2:19 pm
Prof Kelly Chibale has been awarded an honorary doctorate from one of Europe’s oldest and most prestigious universities, the University of Basel.
- Poignant moment as Sutherland Nine make final journey homeon 28th Nov 2023 at 12:50 pm
On Friday, 24 November, more than 100 years after UCT unethically acquired nine skeletal remains for teaching and learning purposes, the Sutherland Nine made their final journey home.
- Rolling out the red carpet for UCT staffon 28th Nov 2023 at 10:28 am
It was an evening of glitz and glamour as the University of Cape Town (UCT) celebrated the continued commitment of its employees at the Annual Staff Awards on Thursday, 23 November.
- Part of UCT’s ‘flow’: Staff celebrated at awards eveningon 27th Nov 2023 at 2:30 pm
UCT hosted a successful evening of celebration at the annual staff awards held on 23 November at the Baxter Theatre.
- Meticulous and principled: Stella Musungu receives VC’s Service Excellence Awardon 27th Nov 2023 at 11:58 am
The Office for Inclusivity and Change’s Stella Musungu is the recipient of the 2023 UCT VC’s Service Excellence Award.
- UFS Vision 130 – Renew and Reimagine for 2034by University of the Free State on 24th Oct 2023 at 12:05 pm
- 2023 UFS International Cultural Diversity Festival – A Global Flavour Adventureby University of the Free State on 29th Sep 2023 at 11:57 am
- UFS Sustainable Energy Initiativesby University of the Free State on 20th Sep 2023 at 12:30 pm
- Celebrating Read a Book Day 2023 at the UFSby University of the Free State on 12th Sep 2023 at 12:32 pm
- 2023 Biennial Gendered Worlds Lectureby University of the Free State on 25th Aug 2023 at 6:00 am
- UFS Sing-Off 2023 Highlightsby University of the Free State on 18th Aug 2023 at 6:28 am
- Top Tips for Student Safetyby University of the Free State on 26th Jul 2023 at 9:00 am
- UFS Sporting Legends – Ryan McLarenby University of the Free State on 20th Jun 2023 at 7:05 am
- 2023 KovsieACT Eco-Vehicle Race – Driving for Sustainabilityby University of the Free State on 22nd May 2023 at 10:07 am
- UFS Sporting Legends – Oupa Mohojeby University of the Free State on 26th Apr 2023 at 12:37 pm
- Honorary Doctorate Conferral Ceremony – Dr Maye Muskby University of the Free State on 14th Apr 2023 at 5:05 pm
- GPS@UFS – Track Your Successsby University of the Free State on 3rd Apr 2023 at 12:55 pm
- The Power of Human Rightsby University of the Free State on 17th Mar 2023 at 1:45 pm
- UFS Sporting Legends – Leslé-Ann Georgeby University of the Free State on 15th Mar 2023 at 7:00 am
- First Years Swimming Gala 2023by University of the Free State on 14th Mar 2023 at 7:00 am